With Google’s recent Mobile friendly update, there has been an increase in the need and demand of responsive web designs to make the websites more mobile friendly.
Our web designers have predicted these 4 interesting web design trends to catch up popularity in the coming months of 2016:
1. Animations– There has been an increase in the websites using large and small scale animations to make their storytelling more entertaining for the visitors. You can consider including loading animations, hover animations, motion animations, background videos and slideshows on your website to make it more visually appealing.
2. Micro interactions– Integrate micro-interactions in your website’s UI to get these things done:
a.Help user manipulate something
b.Communicate the feedback or status of some action
c.Display the result of an action
3. Flat design– Flat design is one of the popular existing trends and it is not going anywhere, anytime soon. To make your designs look more attractive, try to implement vibrant colour schemes, minimalistic designs, long shadows and simple typography.
4. Material design– This new style language launched last year by Google soon became famous for their realistic shadow effects and depth concepts. The whole intension behind the development of Material Design was to provide rocking UX and UI across devices.
Oh and you might have noticed, our own revamped website uses most of these trends in the design; if you like the work of our expert web design team reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quick price quotation for your specific web design requirements.
Google is on a spree! The Web and SEO markets were abuzz well before the actual update date of the Google Mobile Update, i.e. Apr 21, 2015 because the early announcement. Minutes after the rollout started, social media platforms all over the globe were flooded with posts and tweets about people expressing their views and seeking help over this new algorithm rollout. From the lines of the famous science fiction movie (Armageddon), that inspired the alternate epithet of Mobilegeddon:
Truman: So what’s the verdict?
Harry Stamper: They’ll do it. They’ve made a few requests though.
Truman: Such as?
- This update will only affect the search rankings on mobile devices.
- Will affect search results in all global languages.
- Applies to individual pages and not entire websites.
These are the points highlighted by Google on its official Webmaster Central Blog. Now let us understand how this will affect the SEO crowd.
It would not affect the search results on desktops and tablets. Thus, their page rankings would remain same on these devices. According to the Click-through marketing reports, only 40% of the websites failed to meet Google’s criteria for optimal user experience on smart phones, which is actually less than what Google’s analysts team suspected. This might be because “there were a load of websites that became MF [mobile-friendly] recently”, as said by Google Analyst Gary Illyes, on Friday, May 1st 2015.
Another great benefit for the Digital Marketing Industry is that this update only impacts individual pages and do not affect the full website. For example, if your website has 10 mobile friendly pages, the page rankings in mobile devices for the queries stated in these pages would be positively impacted, irrespective of the rest of the pages. Apart from the MF characteristic, there are still many signals used by Google to rank search results, one of them being quality content. That means your website would still be ranked higher if you have high quality content for the query made by the user, even if it is not mobile friendly.
Click to check whether your website passes Google’s Mobile Friendly Test!
If not, contact a reliable digital marketing company to help design a mobile friendly website for your company using the various responsive frameworks (RF) available. Stay tuned to our blog for some of the best RFs trending in the market.
Joomla web development is becoming progressively more popular among businesses at the present time. Joomla is an open source technology that facilitates you to create and manage your website in the most resourceful way.
Significance of Joomla web development services
These days, Joomla web development services are the talk of the day. It has a lot of features that provide ease-of-use and extensibility to the handler. Anybody anywhere can make use of Joomla open source solutions. Joomla is used across the globe to make influential websites with advanced solutions. You can certainly instill your designing concepts here and provide an appealing site to the people and the search engines. Joomla has thousands of additions and is extremely extensible, which are accessible in Joomla extensions directory.
Hence, for getting an elite site designed and developed, you can make use of Joomla web development services that are offered by many web development companies. They have a squad of designers who can make an optimum application of tools obtainable on Joomla. They make professional and alluring custom web design that, in a way, epitomizes your organization.
For building a Joomla website that can add that “oomph” factor to your business, you need to be very particular and choose only the best company. New Vision Digital can surely be the best option for you. Being an effective Joomla development company, it holds a team of talented website designers and developers having years of experience in the field. They ensure to satisfy the clients with their committed and enthusiastic conduct of working.
Let us first start with the order placing process. It can be achieved in these three simple steps-
- Add to cart- Add any item to your cart.
- Proceed to checkout- This requires you to add information related to billing, shipment and payment options.
- Place order.
Once the order is placed, it appears as pending in the Magento admin area (Sales -> Orders) where you can review all your orders. Let us understand some basic commands to manage these orders in Magento.
- Edit – This option will cancel the present order and create a new one, which you can edit and submit again keeping the same details.
- Cancel – This command cancels the current order.
- Send Email – This is used to resend the order email to the customer.
- Hold – This puts the order on hold so that you will be able to process it another time. Later, you would be required to un-hold it first.
- Invoice – Used to create an invoice of the order. This will change the status of the order from Pending to Processing. You need to click Submit Invoice to create it.
- Credit Memo – This option appears only after an invoice has been created. It allows creation of offline refund for the order.
- Ship – This is the final step of the order management process. It represents the actual delivery of the product. You have to click Submit Shipment to finalise the order. Now the status of the order will be changed from Processing to Complete.
- Reorder – This option allows you to resubmit the order.
Order management offers you to print invoices and packing slips for the orders placed. This technique also supports e-mail notifications of Orders, RSS feed of New Orders and call centre Order creation.
With around 4 million downloads worldwide since its first appearance five years ago, magento has been the leading online business solution among the online merchants. Now the developers have come up with a better version, packed with new features that are sure to create a rage in the e-commerce industrial sector. We have compiled here a list of the 10 most prominent features of Magento 2.0.
Let’s unwrap the new present together. Shall we?
- Enhanced compatibility with more platforms– Magento 2.0 comes with extended support to databases like MSSQL and Oracle, along with the PHP 5.3 and Zend framework which were supported in version 1.0.
- Greater Flexibility- With new and improved component– based modules, it is now easy for developers to enable and disable components as per fluctuating requirements without having to worry about a tangled code base.
- Advanced security– with the introduction of a new directory named ‘pub’, developers can now guard their codes from several security breaches.
- Easy Hassle-free upgrades and Installations– Upgrading to Magento 2.0 from the current version has become more feasible. Moreover, with built-in composer implementation, new installations in Magento 2.0 will be easy and stress-free.
- New File structure– The older file structure has been completely overhauled in this new version. New adaptation is happy news for the developers, since they won’t face any issues while developing custom Magneto themes. All the base views have been moved to the module structure, and themes have been completely eradicated.
With the addition of novel features like Service contracts, developers now have the choice to expose public ADI endpoints via XML configuration. The official announcement by the Magneto 2 Developer Hub is highly anticipated by both the developer and e-Commerce trading communities.
Facebook has come up with good news for its millions of users in the U.S. who will now no longer be bound to identify themselves as either “male” or “female”. Meaning, the social media giant has introduced 50 different terms that people can utilize to describe their gender orientation as well as their pronoun preferences: him, her or them.
The Facebook page now features a “custom” category where you can find options like “transgender”, “pangender”, “cisgender” and “two-spirit” to name a few. The list includes some terms which you are aware of and some which you have never heard. So, a person needs to have an idea what the term actually means before picking the most suitable definition of your true self. The change is greatly welcomed by the gender non conforming people throughout the US.
Facebook software engineer Brielle Harrison, who worked on the project and is herself undergoing gender transformation says, “There’s going to be a lot of people for whom this is going to mean nothing, but for the few it does impact, it means the world,” Harrison is also reported to have changed her Facebook identity to Transwoman. She also feels that 50+ unique options is a great opportunity to tell the world who you really are. However, it is also important to note that these gender choices have no correlation to sexual identity such as gay or lesbian. By allowing people to freely describe themselves as the way they want, Facebook is just trying to identify all the amazing types of people in the world and work towards equality and acceptance.
Google Plus offers male, female and “others” as options but Facebook puts the platform far ahead by allowing many unique choices for transgender community. This change is the outcome of consistent lobbying by thousands of US Facebook users who created individual changes petitioning for the change. Transgender activist Nori Herras-Castaneda said “We always talk about how gender is a spectrum. I can see a lot of people being extremely happy about this.”
Follow us on New Vision Digital Facebook to get the latest updates
Joomla, an open-source CMS (content management system) trusted by millions are endowed with over thousands of extensions and designs for creating versatile, user-friendly and mobile-ready websites. The changes in online trends and the needs of a fast-paced corporate world have initiated the need for a strong web presence and online popularity.
With over 35 million downloads and still counting, Joomla has been estimated as the second most used CMS on the internet after WordPress. The vast Joomla extensions directory has helped extend the Joomla website’s ability to deliver. There are five types of extensions for Joomla each handling a specific function. They are: Components, Modules, Plugins, Templates and Languages.
eCommerce for Joomla
If you want to sell online, there are actually several innovative and intuitive eCommerce plugins to create a fully customisable, content managed ecommerce website. You can enjoy the ability to manage your products and content conveniently in one place. Joomla eCommerce solutions provide the flexibility and scalability that allows you to enjoy a competitive edge over your competitors.
Prior to 2010, Joomla ecommerce websites were created using only one all-in-one shopping cart solution – VirtueMart. But, recently the scope of Joomla ecommerce development has increased with new all-in-one shopping cart entrants such as redSHOP and Tienda.
A wide range of Joomla extensions and plugins for eCommerce has been introduced to form an effective all round business website development solution. Let’s take a look at the 10 top-rated Joomla ecommerce extensions for website development.
- OSE Membership
- Joom Shopping
- Payment Form
Joomla eCommerce development is a cost-effective way of creating high-performing ecommerce websites. And, the fact that most of the extensions and plugins are open-source or free to download has greatly supported and enhanced the usability and efficiency of Joomla.
New Vision Digital is a web development company providing a wide spectrum of services including Joomla cms Development, WordPress Development, eCommerce development services. Company prides itself in its ability to offer cutting edge solutions to clients in their respective market niches.