With around 4 million downloads worldwide since its first appearance five years ago, magento has been the leading online business solution among the online merchants. Now the developers have come up with a better version, packed with new features that are sure to create a rage in the e-commerce industrial sector. We have compiled here a list of the 10 most prominent features of Magento 2.0.
Let’s unwrap the new present together. Shall we?
- Enhanced compatibility with more platforms– Magento 2.0 comes with extended support to databases like MSSQL and Oracle, along with the PHP 5.3 and Zend framework which were supported in version 1.0.
- Greater Flexibility- With new and improved component– based modules, it is now easy for developers to enable and disable components as per fluctuating requirements without having to worry about a tangled code base.
- Advanced security– with the introduction of a new directory named ‘pub’, developers can now guard their codes from several security breaches.
- Easy Hassle-free upgrades and Installations– Upgrading to Magento 2.0 from the current version has become more feasible. Moreover, with built-in composer implementation, new installations in Magento 2.0 will be easy and stress-free.
- New File structure– The older file structure has been completely overhauled in this new version. New adaptation is happy news for the developers, since they won’t face any issues while developing custom Magneto themes. All the base views have been moved to the module structure, and themes have been completely eradicated.
With the addition of novel features like Service contracts, developers now have the choice to expose public ADI endpoints via XML configuration. The official announcement by the Magneto 2 Developer Hub is highly anticipated by both the developer and e-Commerce trading communities.