Magento 2.0 is the next generation open source ecommerce platform, designed to deliver greater speed, scalability and extensibility of its previous version. Here is a step-by-step guide to download and install Magento 2.0 on wamp server:
1. Download source and sample data (if required) from the official website of Magento.
2. Extract the downloaded file and move it to the WWW folder in wamp server.
3. Open http://localhost/phpmyadmin (phpmyadmin) and create a blank database.
4. Open http://localhost/your-folder in your browser.
5. Click on the ‘Agree and Setup Magento’ button.
You might encounter issues like:
Here is how to fix these 2 common issues-
- PHP Settings Check- The core issue lies in your current settings of xdebug.max_nesting_level=100 (Magento 2.0 needs it to be 200 or more). To fix this issue, simply edit .htaccess file from the Magento Directory and add ‘php_value xdebug.max_nesting_level 200’ at the bottom of the file. Save, restart your browser and try again.
- PHP Extensions Check- This occurs when you have 1 missing extension. You only need to install the missing extension to resolve this issue. There are three ways to fix this
- Open php.ini file and look for extension=php_intl.dll. Simply remove the comma from the start and save file.
- Check php_intl.dll file in wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12. If you find the file missing, download it and paste it here.
- If you still face issues; go to wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12; copy all icu***.dll and paste them into apachae/bin. After making the necessary changes, restart your wamp server and reload the previous page for readiness check. You should get the screen in the next picture.
6. On the next screen, click on the Next button.
7. Enter the required information which includes:
- Database server host name (default- localhost)
- Data username (eg- root)
- Database name
- Entering Table prefix is optional
8. Fill all the details on the Web Configuration page and click on ‘Next’.
9. Next you would be required to configure Time Zone, Currency and Language. After that click ‘Next’.
10. Fill up the admin account details including Username, Email, and Password. Click Next.
11. On the next page, click on ‘Install Now’.
12. After the installation process is complete, you would get a Success page on your link. Open the store address link and Magento admin address link.
13. Here is how your Magento 2.0 homepage and admin panel would look like.
Now that you have successfully downloaded and installed Magento 2.0; you can make the necessary customisations to your online store through the admin panel. Take help from a professional Magento developer to help you set up the store and manage orders easily through the admin panel.
How Marketers Leverage Seasonal Keywords for Christmas SEO?
Ahrefs Vs Semrush: Which Tool is Better for your Website and Why?
8 Best Digital Marketing YouTube Channels to Increase Knowledge
Quora Marketing Strategy- Grow and Build Your Brand Successfully
Negative SEO: How to Protect Website from Spamming Attacks
Best Free & Paid Google Analytics Alternatives for your Website