The consistent Google Algorithm updation is something we can’t do much about. For inbound marketers, the only constant thing is, “keyword research”. Your Search Engine Result page will fetch you plenty of articles, explaining the right way to research and use a keyword. Here’s an intriguing thing about all the articles, they provide an almost same set of guidelines with a minor difference in the set of instructions.
What do you understand by Keyword Research?
Keyword research, as the name suggests, is the task of researching keywords that people are expected to enter into the search engine. To rank your page in Google, targeting the right keywords is a must. Diligent research goes into deciding proper keywords for your Search Engine Strategy.
How to research keywords?
- List down the topics relevant to your business – Think of your business. Ask yourself, “who is our target audience?”, “what services do we offer?”, and “what is famous relating to my business?” Think about the generic topics relevant to your business.
Let’s consider you are a Digital Marketing firm offering SEO, SMO, Content Management services, you will have generic topics like, “content marketing”, “email marketing”, “lead generation”.
- Streamline the topic buckets to form keyword phrases – People generally type in the phrasal form of a query, we are more comfortable typing in a whole phrase. For instance, if you wish to buy a bucket online, you might type in “best buckets online at a cheap price”. I believe you have now understood the meaning of phrase research.
- Search terms related to the research – Type in your related search term in the search bar, a drop-down list of suggestions will appear. This drop down contains some of the expected keywords that might be related to your query. These can be your food for thought to help you come up with new keywords that might help you rank your page better.
- Long-Term Keywords and head terms – Long-term keywords are a long phrase with three or more words. Head terms, on the other hand, are shorter generic phrases. A successful and foolproof keywords strategy is one that strives to acquire balance. Head terms are more frequently searched, this makes them competitive and hard to rank.
Let’s understand by an example,
“How to rank using SEO”,
Which amongst the two would be harder to rank? Of course, SEO, more competition means fewer chances of ranking.
- Learn from contenders – Understand your contenders ranking strategy. If you and your competitor are aiming for same keywords, then it is suggested to improve your ranking strategy. The first thought that crosses your mind must be, how do I know what keywords are being used by my competitors? Other than manual search, try SEMrush, it runs free reports to fetch you top keywords for your domain.
- Try Google AdWords Keyword Planner – Set up an Adwords account, try Google AdWords Keyword Planner, formerly known as Keyword Tool. It is a great source to search traffic and volume for the potential rank worthy keywords.
Keyword researching is the most crucial task and shouldn’t be ignored. If you are looking for an expert’s assistance to help you with SEO, SMO and Online reputation management for your business, then trust New Vision Digital. We rank amongst the top Facebook marketing company in India. Our professionals will help you achieve your business goal and grow your business manifolds.